+ Reply to Thread

Calculate Fractional minutes between half hour intervals with multiple start and end times

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Calculate Fractional minutes between half hour intervals with multiple start and end times

Hi All,

Basically I have data that needs to be displayed in half hour intervals. If all shifts started and ended on the half hour dots, it wouldn't be a problem, except not all of them do. So what I'm trying to accomplish here is to calculate how many employees fall within the half hour plus fractional minutes if any that did not make the full half hour to get decimal or fractional count. I've tried sum product, sumifs, but cant get the fractional count. I've attached the spreadsheet.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

HCVR SHIFTS_WITH_DATES_AND_BREAK_TIMESv3.xlsx

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    WinXP/MSO2007;Win10/MSO2016

Re: Calculate Fractional minutes between half hour intervals with multiple start and end t

I don't quite understand: fall within the half hour plus fractional minutes if any that did not make the full half hour to get decimal or fractional count
    But you can try:
    Please Login or Register  to view this content.
    in column H.
    Ben Van Johnson

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Re: Calculate Fractional minutes between half hour intervals with multiple start and end t

Sorry I wasn't clear on that. In the attached file above, columns T & U (column U won't really apply in this case though) are where I'm trying to get the results calculated correctly. I highlighted the half hour intervals where it should have decimal places to account for minutes as well. In column V, I noted what the results should calculate to be when considering the non half hour shift times of <*:00> or <*:30.>

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by CheeksExcelForum; 05-17-2013 at 12:30 AM.

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Bump no response

MS-Off Ver

Try this "array formula" in T2

=SUM(IF(L$2:L$100=T$1,IF(G$2:G$100>S3,IF(D$2:D$100<S4,IF(G$2:G$100<S4,G$2:G$100,S4)-IF(D$2:D$100>S3,D$2:D$100,S3)))-IF(F$2:F$100>S3,IF(E$2:E$100<S4,IF(F$2:F$100<S4,F$2:F$100,S4)-IF(E$2:E$100>S3,E$2:E$100,S3)))))/(S4-S3)

confirmed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER and copied down column
    Audere est facere

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

Perfect! Just what I needed and a formula that is quick to calculated and won't hog processors. Thank you very much!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information