+ Reply to Thread

Saving Excel workbook with formulas as workbook contain only values (without formulas)

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Saving Excel workbook with formulas as workbook contain only values (without formulas)

Is it possible to save/save as/export a workbook containing formulas as a workbook that contains only the values in one go or do I have to copy each sheet and paste it in the second workbook as values?

My problem is I have a model that must retrieve information on a daily basis from the Internet. The Excel addins that does this retrieval is currently only available for 32bit Excel. My model is too large to run in 32bit Excel. I get 'Not enough resources' error messages and then the model crashes when that addins are installed. The model does however run without a problem on Excel 64bit but I can't have the addins in 64bit.

So my thinking was that until I can get the 64bit addins (expected by the end of the year, hopefully!) I can have one machine on the network with 32bit Excel with the addins that retrieves the information daily and then export it as a values only workbook. Another machine on the network can then have 64bit Excel and import the values from the values workbook created by the 32bit machine. I'll have to use the intermediary file as the Excel 64bit can't open the 32bit Excel file that contains the addins formulas. And I'll have to use two machines as I can't install Excel 32bit and 64bit on the same machine.

Any ideas?

MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010

Re: Saving Excel workbook with formulas as workbook contain only values (without formulas)

Hello Bezzie,

Have you tried saving the workbook as a CSV?
    Sincerely,
    Leith Ross

Remember To Do the Following....

1. Use code tags. Place [CODE] before the first line of code and [/CODE] after the last line of code.
    2. Thank those who have helped you by clicking the Star below the post.
    3. Please mark your post [SOLVED] if it has been answered satisfactorily.

Old Scottish Proverb...
    Luathaid gu deanamh maille! (Rushing causes delays!)

Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Re: Saving Excel workbook with formulas as workbook contain only values (without formulas)

Would like to keep the workbook in Excel format when importing the data. I'm not going to import all the data in the sheets.

I can open the workbook select each sheet, copy it to the clipboard and then paste it in the intermediate workbook with .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

Then when I import from the 64bit Excel I will know exactly where the data sits that I need because the intermediate workbook will look exactly like the original except that it will contain only values and not formulas.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information