+ Reply to Thread

Combining dynamic dependant drop down lists in a single result

MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

Post Combining dynamic dependant drop down lists in a single result

Hi,

I'm not an expert in Excel, but I need to make a sheet to facilitate my work. I will describe the situation, so you guys maybe will see a different solution for my problem. I have a spreadsheet where I have different inputs, and new arriving every week (let's call it #Input1). I have a different spreadsheet where I made a simple formula for the inputs in #Input1 arrive and fill a column with their info (this spreadsheet is #Input2). Here, the tasks that arrive via #Input1 all have a drop down list, with the options: Concluded, Work in Progress, Not Iniciated. I need to be able to transfer this info to #Input3, which is the final spreadsheet.

There are several #Input2 spreadsheets, one for each project we work on. And all of them go to #Input3, where I combine all the info from them in a single table. So, I have two problems to solve:

1) How to send the right info to #Input3, since it's a drop down list? What I need is that, when the user selects an option in #Input2, for instance, Work in Progress, the same task appears in #Input1 and #Input3 as Work in Progress (all of them have the column Status).

2) To complicate things, not all of the info goes to #Input3, but they go combined. I explain: in #Input2, there are tasks but also subtasks. In #Input3, there are only subtasks. So, sometimes there is a task in #Input3 that can only be marked as Concluded when tasks 10,11 and 17 in #Input2 are marked as Concluded. How can I transfer this correctly to #Input3?

Help, please?

MS-Off Ver
    Office 2019 (still learning)

Re: Combining dynamic dependant drop down lists in a single result

I think you need to post a sample file, which will better illustrate what you have and what you are trying to achieve. The FAQ describes how to attach a file to one of your posts.

Pete

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information