+ Reply to Thread

help with add-ins

help with add-ins

I created an add-in with a user-defined formula and distributed the add-in to others. Everything works fine except when somebody tries to send a spreadsheet using that UDF to someone else with the same add-in. Excel inserts the location of the add-in into the formula (e.g. "c:\my documents\addin.xla"). Is there any way to correct this so that multiple users with the same add-in can share workbooks using that add-in?

Thanks in advance...

Forum Guru
    MS-Off Ver
    2002/XP and 2007
    Occasionally, I take some of my work home to work on, and I have an add-in with some user-defined functions that I use frequently. I found that, in order to get the add-in to work on my home computer without modification, I have to have the add-in in the same relation to the spreadsheet file on my home computer as on my work computer. For example:

Work computer:
    spreadsheet files are in D:My Documents
    add-in files are in D:addins

At home:
    spreadsheet files in F:My Documents
    add-ins are in F:addins

From what I've gathered, in order for this to work for all the members of your workgroup, you're going to have to get everyone to agree on a directory structure so that the add-in file has the same path on everyone's computer.

Does that help?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information