Count Function

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor Portuga's Avatar
    Portugal
    MS-Off Ver

    Count Function

    Hi

    I have about 60.000 cells of data that are in several rows and columns.
    Ther are several inputs in these cells.

    I want to know how many times the input:
    R230_non_conforming_CM_MODEL_OUTPUT_TXT_Not_number is present in the sheet.

    I could use a pivot but need to do a lot of work before I can have the data in a good format.

    Is there any way I can use the count function to get this total?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Count Function

    Portuga wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have about 60.000 cells of data that are in several rows and
    > columns.
    > Ther are several inputs in these cells.
    >
    > I want to know how many times the input:
    > -R230_non_conforming_CM_MODEL_OUTPUT_TXT_Not_number- is present in the
    > sheet.
    >
    > I could use a pivot but need to do a lot of work before I can have the
    > data in a good format.
    >
    > Is there any way I can use the count function to get this total?
    > Thanks

    Do you mean something like:

    =COUNTIF(alls2,"=R230_non_conforming_CM_MODEL_OUTPUT_TXT_Not_number")

    where alls2 is a range name referring to all the cells in sheet2 (or
    whatever sheet you are using)?

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Count Function

    You don't need = in the criteria.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Count Function

    Bob Phillips wrote:
    > You don't need = in the criteria.
    >

    > "Paul Lautman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Portuga wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I have about 60.000 cells of data that are in several rows and
    >>> columns.
    >>> Ther are several inputs in these cells.
    >>>
    >>> I want to know how many times the input:
    >>> -R230_non_conforming_CM_MODEL_OUTPUT_TXT_Not_number- is present in
    >>> the sheet.
    >>>
    >>> I could use a pivot but need to do a lot of work before I can have
    >>> the data in a good format.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way I can use the count function to get this total?
    >>> Thanks

    >> Do you mean something like:
    >>
    >> =COUNTIF(alls2,"=R230_non_conforming_CM_MODEL_OUTPUT_TXT_Not_number")
    >>
    >> where alls2 is a range name referring to all the cells in sheet2 (or
    >> whatever sheet you are using)?

    True

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor Portuga's Avatar