I've been getting a phone call every week or two that wants me to do this:
1. Are you at your at your computer?
2. Are you the owner of your computer?
3. Click on Windows Key + R to bring up the Dos Run Dialog.
4. Type EventVwr and press OK.
5. Branch to Event Viewer (Local) -> Custom Views -> Administrative Events.
6. See how many problems your computer has...
7. We will fix them if you connect to our servers and we remote control your maching.
At about this time - I refuse to let them connect to my machine. They get mad and hang up.
I feel, by taking up there time, I'm saving some other poor soul from being abused by these people.
I got a website from them today, that is supposed to prove they are legitimate. It is at:
I used to work at Microsoft and did Technical Support. I know that, in the USA, telling someone you are Windows (Microsoft implied) Technical Support is simply wrong.
Do you get similar random calls. How do we stop this type of scam from happing? Is this really a scam?