How do you lock the toolbars in MS Office 2003?

  1. #1
    Lisa M
    Guest

    How do you lock the toolbars in MS Office 2003?

    I want to know how to lock the toolbars in Excel, Word and Outlook.
    Everytime I open one of these programs or a new email, my toolbars have
    reverted back to the way they were.

  2. #2

    Re: How do you lock the toolbars in MS Office 2003?

    xl2003 stores your customized toolbar icons in a file named excel11.xlb

    I use winxp home and xl2003. The file is located in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\(UserName)\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

    The first thing I would do is search to see if there are multiple *.xlb files
    (could be if you've upgraded from previous versions of excel).

    close excel
    windows start button|search|files or folders
    *.xlb

    I'd delete all but the "real" one to see if that helps.

    If it doesn't, I'd try making one more change and contact your IT department.
    Maybe they set it up so you can't write to that folder.