How do I get an IF statement to pull a date range??

  1. #1
    Brooke Medvecky
    Guest

    How do I get an IF statement to pull a date range??

    I've created an IF statement with multiple formulas, but I can't seem to
    figure out if it is possible to pull the information by a specific date
    range. I have sales reps that visit customers on specific dates and I need
    my tally sheet to only pull dates within that current week. Does anyone know
    if this is possible??

    This is what I have so far:
    =SUM(IF(sales rep!AB2:AB216=I3,IF(sales rep!$AA$2:$AA$216=I4,IF(sales
    rep!P2:P216=I7,IF(sales rep!$N$2:$N$216>=DATEVALUE("3/18/2005"),1,0)))))

    If you look above I have it to calculate the date value starting at
    03-18-05, but I would like it to only pull that date through the next week.

    Help???

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do I get an IF statement to pull a date range??

    Take a look at Data > Filter > AutoFilter > Custom, and select GreaterThan
    and LesserThan values..............this will filter out everything except
    those within your desired date range.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "Brooke Medvecky" <Brooke [email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Brooke Medvecky
    Guest

    Re: How do I get an IF statement to pull a date range??

    I realize that I can Autofilter my whole workbook, but I want to eliminte
    doing that hand filter stuff. I have a different worksheet that has a tally
    sheet that I would like to reference instead of going into 20 sales reps
    worksheets to figure out who they've seen each week.

    Is it possible to write an IF statement to calculate only date ranges???
    DATEVALUE("3/18/05-"3/24/05") I've tried this and it doesn't work. There
    has to be a way to pull a range. Help???

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do I get an IF statement to pull a date range??

    Assuming your dates are in column A, and your values in column B, then enter
    a StartDate in E1 and put this formula in C1 and copy down......only those
    rows within the date range of E1+6 will show up.........then sum them,
    average them or whatever........
    =IF(AND(A1>=$E$1,A1<=$E$1+6),B1,"")

    BTW, Autofilter will run under macro control.......

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "Brooke Medvecky" <[email protected]> wrote in

  5. #5
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do I get an IF statement to pull a date range??

    or maybe...........just this one formula to give you the sum of the criteria
    values......

    =SUMIF(A1:A100,"<="&E1+6,B1:B100)-SUMIF(A1:A100,"<"&E1,B1:B100)

    Again assuming Dates in column A, values in column B, and StartDate in E1.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Brooke Medvecky
    Guest

    Re: How do I get an IF statement to pull a date range??

    I'm sorry that I'm not quite getting it, but I'm kinda new to these If
    statements. I understand the formula, but how would I get it to fit into my
    whole if statement of
    =SUM(IF(salesrep!AB2:AB216=I3,IF(salesrep!AA2:AA216=I4,IF(salesrep!P2:p216=I7,IF(salesrep!N2:N216 ????? Date Range issue.

    Assuming that AB = One criteria I'm pulling
    Assuming that AA = Second criteria
    Assuming that P = Third Criteria
    Assuming that N= all the visited dates

    If I put a start date in E1 then how would the formula look inside the above
    instead of a single IF statement for the date ranges. I need the formula to
    recognize the above criterias also.

    I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your time.

  7. #7
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do I get an IF statement to pull a date range??

    Hi Brooke.........
    This is untested, but give it a try in a helper column, Row2 and copy
    down............

    =IF(AND(Salesrep!AB2=$I$3,Salesrep!AA2=$I$4,SalesrepP2=$I$7),"ConditionsMatc
    hCriteria","")

    Then you can Copy > PasteSpecial > Values on the helper column to get rid of
    the formulas, then sort on it, and the dates adjacent to the cells with the
    "ConditionsMatchCriteria" string, should be the ones you're looking
    for..........

  8. #8
    Brooke Medvecky
    Guest

    Re: How do I get an IF statement to pull a date range??

    Thank you for your time, but this just isn't getting the results I need.
    Unfortunately this is a weekly report that would pose to be a pain if I had
    to do the criteria match every week. I was hoping to put the formula on a
    seperate tally worksheet by Week 1, Week 2, etc. This way it would calcuate
    the date range from Thursday to Thursday of each week. I just need it to
    count how many visits they make to a particular customer. It wouldn't be
    tallying dollars at this time.

    So if Joe Blow has 200 customers to visit (of that) how many fall between
    one given week?? Additional criteria needing to fit into IF statement is -
    Of course must be between a date range, have a bucket # of 4, and have signed
    contract as "yes".

    Thanks Again. I will see what I can come up with.

  9. #9

    IF statement for a value Range

    If i wanted a cell to equal a value if a particular cell was within a certain range, how would i accomplish that?

    For example:

    Cell A1=51 and cell B2 to equal 10 if cell A1 is between 50 and 60

    I can do this easily for greater then or equal to but not when combining the >50 and <60 particulars. Please help!

  10. #10
    Toppers
    Guest

    Re: How do I get an IF statement to pull a date range??

    in B2

    =if(and(A1>50,A1<60),10,?)

    ? what if NOT true ... what is B2?