when i change data in a sum forumla, the sum doesn't change?

  1. #1
    richard_kta
    Guest

    when i change data in a sum forumla, the sum doesn't change?

    i am doing a simple sum formula, using it several times in the worksheet, and
    it used to work fine, however, suddenly now the formulas are only working
    after the initial calculation, if i go back and change data later on, the
    formula doesn't reflect any changes and special pasting of the formula only
    reproduces the value of the original calculation! I want the Sum function to
    work as it should. Reflect changes as they are made and be able to paste a
    function to another group of cells!

  2. #2
    Waiau Pa NZ
    does the formula recalculate when you press F9

    have a look at <tools><options><calculation>
    is it on manual?

    This may have been caused by a previous book opened and saved with the setting on manual.
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill Kuunders

  3. #3
    richard_kta
    Guest

    RE: when i change data in a sum forumla, the sum doesn't change?

    Just for your information, when i checked the tools/options/calculations
    automatic was checked however i hit the calc now (f9) and the sheet started
    to work calculation wise.

  4. #4
    Waiau Pa NZ
    This is from Gord Dibben............
    Excel takes the Calculation mode each session from the settings on the first
    workbook opened in that session.

    i.e. If you saved Book1 with calc mode in manual and opened it first, calc
    mode would be in Manual.

    If you saved Book2 with calc mode in auto and opened it after Book1, Book2
    would be in manual mode(Excel ignores the auto calc mode in this case).

    If you close Book1 before opening Book2, Book2 will be in auto calc mode.

    Confusing enough? <g>

    Gord

    Could it be that you have another book open at the same time?