Criteria - Automatic Change Font or Fill Colour

  1. #1

    Criteria - Automatic Change Font or Fill Colour

    Hi all (posted in another forum incorrectly, sorry!) . I have used some date formula in my worksheet:

    =TODAY()+56
    =TODAY()+84
    =TODAY()+98

    What I want to do is colour the font with the date if it meets the criteria above. E.g. if I were to type anywhere on the worksheet a date 55 days from today it would automatically turn red. If I were to type in a date 80 days from today it would turn Blue etc

    Also, if this can be done for the fill of the cells even better. Many thanks in advaance and enjoy the day.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Criteria - Automatic Change Font or Fill Colour

    One way ..

    Select entire sheet (with A1 active)

    Click Format > Conditional Formatting

    Set it for conditions 1 - 3 as :

    Formula | is:
    Cond1: =AND(A1>=TODAY()+56,A1<TODAY()+84)
    Cond2: =AND(A1>=TODAY()+84,A1<TODAY()+98)
    Cond3: =AND(A1>=TODAY()+98,A1<>"",ISNUMBER(A1))

    Formats*
    Cond1: Red fill / white font / bold
    Cond2: Blue / default font
    Cond3: Yellow / default font

    *Click "Format" button & change it to-your-taste
    in the patterns tab and font tab

    Click OK at the main dialog

    Test it out ...
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Criteria - Automatic Change Font or Fill Colour

    Note that since dates are numbers in Excel, the CF would also
    (unfortunately?) be triggered by numbers which are of the same order as the
    dates input. For example, 1st Jan 2006 is 38718, 2nd Jan 2006 is 38719,
    and so on. I'm not sure whether there's a way around this limitation using
    normal CF. Anyway, do be aware of this.
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  4. #4

    Re: Criteria - Automatic Change Font or Fill Colour

    Something like this might help...

    =AND(A1>=TODAY()+56,A1<TODAY()+84,LEFT(CELL("format",A1),1)="D")

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Criteria - Automatic Change Font or Fill Colour

    That's a great move, Dave ! Thanks
    --
    Rgds
    Max