What might cause a small excel worksheet to be over 2MB?

  1. #1
    lnflewis
    Guest

    What might cause a small excel worksheet to be over 2MB?

    I have a small spreadsheet that has less than 300 rows and 4 columns. For
    some unknown reason the size of the file has grown to almost 2MB in size. I
    have another similiar excel file that is less than 400 KB in size. The file
    size is causing several problems in trying to edit it.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: What might cause a small excel worksheet to be over 2MB?

    Hi!

    Try to reset the used range:

    http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: What might cause a small excel worksheet to be over 2MB?

    Do you have any pictures/objects on any of the worksheets?

    Select a worksheet
    edit|goto special|check Objects

    Then you can tab between them--to see if there are more than you expect.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    go to the fifth column and select. hit shift+ctrl+right arrow. right click and delete.
    go to first blank row of data. hit shift+ctrl+down arrow. right click and delete. save the file and it should be much smaller.

    i've had this issue many times with excel where if you just hit delete on your keyboard, it doesnt really delete the memory used unless you delete the actual cell and that frees up the memory.