How to delete values of a cell if it is found in another coloumn

  1. #1

    Exclamation How to delete values of a cell if it is found in another coloumn

    Hi,

    I have a list of about 10000 emails. They contain some good emails and some bad emails. I have figured out the bad emails and have a list of about 4000 - 6000 emails. Now i need to delete the bad emails from that 10000 email list.

    Please help me to figure out this problem. If you can email me please email me @

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How to delete values of a cell if it is found in another coloumn

    Put your large (total ) list in column A and you list of bads in column C. In
    B1 enter:

    =MATCH(A1,C:C) and copy down. Then sort all three by column B. If column B
    show #N/A then the entry is good. If column B shows a number the entry is
    bad and should be removed.
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3

    Re: How to delete values of a cell if it is found in another coloumn

    I bet you wanted:

    =MATCH(A1,C:C,0)

    instead.

    I think I'd use a slightly different formula:

    =isnumber(match(a1,c:c,0))

    If it's true, then there's a match. If false, then there's no match.

    (It might be just a bit prettier than #n/a's and a bunch of numbers <vbg>.)

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    Re: How to delete values of a cell if it is found in another colou

    Good catch Dave. My small sample did not catch my error.
    --
    Gary''s Student