I need for a value to appear in a cell.

  1. #1
    Linds
    Guest

    I need for a value to appear in a cell.

    I have one cell that I need to type in one of two letters and have the next
    cell equal a monetary value. How can I do this? For example, if they type
    in A I need it to be $19. If I type in B I need it to read $33.

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: I need for a value to appear in a cell.

    Type the letter in A1 and in B11 put the formula:

    =IF(A1="A",19,if(A1="B",33,"")) and format B1 as currency
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Linds
    I have one cell that I need to type in one of two letters and have the next
    cell equal a monetary value. How can I do this? For example, if they type
    in A I need it to be $19. If I type in B I need it to read $33.
    From your given data, your formula would be

    =if(A1="A",19,if(A1="B",33,""))

    The above formula will return a blank if your entry is neither "A" nor "B" ... hope this helps you.

    Regards.
    BenjieLop
    Houston, TX

  4. #4
    JR
    Guest

    Re: I need for a value to appear in a cell.

    Note: Don't type the slashes "\" that appear in the formula below.

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: I need for a value to appear in a cell.

    Linds

    See answers to your earlier post.

    Gord