Nested If Statement

  1. #1

    Nested If Statement

    Hi All,

    I'm relatively advanced in Excel but hoping some bigger brains can help me with syntax on this one. I'm positive it's possible, I just don't know how to type it out. I basically want an IF formula that requires multiple conditions rather than just one... kind of like this.

    =IF(C5>=5 AND F5>=5 AND G5=1,"Positive","Negative")

    I know that AND won't work, but there has to be a way to do this. To sum up, I want to create an =IF that requires that 3 conditions are met, will provide a certain value if all of them are met and another if any of the 3 are not.

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Nested If Statement

    =IF(AND(C5>=5; F5>=5;G5=1),"Positive","Negative")

    AP

    "guilbj2" <[email protected]> a écrit
    dans le message de
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Nested If Statement

    =IF(AND(C5>=5,F5>=5,G5>=5),"Positive","Negative")

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    "guilbj2" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JudithJubilee
    Guest

    RE: Nested If Statement

    Hello guilbj2

    You need a nested AND and IF statement:

    =IF(C5>=5 *AND* F5>=5 *AND* G5=1,"Positive","Negative")

    =IF(AND(C5>5,F5>=5,G5=1),"Positive","Negative")

    The AND statement means that all criteria must be met.

    Hope this helps

    Judith

  5. #5
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Nested If Statement

    =IF(AND(C5>=5,F5>=5,G5=1),"Positive","Negative")

    or

    =IF((C5>=5)*(F5>=5)*(G5=1),"Positive","Negative")