Macro Pop Ups

  1. #1

    Macro Pop Ups

    The warning keeps popping up about macros when i open some files i created. None of them have macros anymore. What is going on?

    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    sweet, i love finding my own answers. So I guess even after you delete the macro from excel, it still thinks its there. So what I did was I went to the VB Editor by pressing Alt+F11, pressed Control + R to get the menu on the left and delete my code that was still there on the sheet. Then I pressed the + sign next to Module, right clicked, and deleted the module. I guess this is like the skelaton of the Macro that Excel thinks is a Macro. After that I closed the windows, saved, and whallla, no more pesky windows about Macros

  3. #3

    Re: Macro Pop Ups

    Debra Dalgleish shows how to clean up all the remnants of macros:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros