I want any date 90 days or older from current date change color

  1. #1
    Big Abalone
    Guest

    I want any date 90 days or older from current date change color

    I am trying to set up a worksheet for work. I would like to have some
    conditional formatting. In the date worked column will be dates going back
    months if not years. I would like to set up color changes for dates that are
    90, 120, 150 days older then the date at the time of opening the worksheet
    =now(). Dates that are less then 90 days will have no color.

    I am a fisherman and with this worksheet I could tell in a glance how long
    it had been since I last worked an area.

  2. #2
    Omaha, NE

    Conditional Formating

    If A1 has the cell you want to change color and it contains the date the last time you were in an area, try the following:

    FORMAT/CONDITIONAL FORMATING

    In Condition 1 choose FORMULA IS from the dropdown
    In the formula area type =NOW()-A1>90

    Then hit condition and format as you wish (change background, text color, etc)

    Do the same and change 90 to what ever length you want to check for.

    This will subtract A1 from today's date, and if > 90, it will format as you set.

    Happy & Safe fishing.

    John

  3. #3
    Big Abalone
    Guest

    Re: I want any date 90 days or older from current date change col

  4. #4
    Omaha, NE
    OK good luck. FYI, you can use up to 3 conditions in the conditional formating. Do the 1st one with 90 days, the second with 120, etc.

    John

  5. #5
    Big Abalone

  6. #6
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: I want any date 90 days or older from current date change col

    See your post in the excel group.

    RD

    news:[email protected]...