menu bar

  1. #1
    lucas
    Guest

    menu bar

    Hi All,

    My menu bar disappeared! I have no idea how to bring it back. I tried
    toolbars but there are all other menus to be selected (drawing, standard,
    ....) apart from menu-bar. Do you have any idea how to make it appear again?

    lucas

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: menu bar

    Right-click where the menu bar used to be.
    Select Customize... (at the botton)
    On the Tool bars tab, go all the way down
    Check Worksheet Menu Bar
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,486
    does one of your workbooks have a macro that hides the menus??, of course Gary's answer would be the best solution
    Last edited by davesexcel; 04-28-2006 at 04:55 AM.

  4. #4
    lucas
    Guest

    Re: menu bar

    Yep, exactly. I had well working customized toolbars. Then I received an
    Excel file, opened it and every toolbar disappeared. Once I tried to restore
    it I can add every toolbar apart from menu bar. It's not listed in toolbars,
    even if I choose customize.

  5. #5
    rajkohli
    Guest

    RE: menu bar

    After reading your post, I tried to disappear Worksheet Menu Bar in Microsoft
    Excel 2003 but no success. As said by "Gary", if you are still not able to
    bring your Menu Bar back then it is possible that it is somewhere on your
    screen. See carefully. Try checking and unchecking the Worksheet Menu Bar
    function from Customizing Toolbar option. You will notice a little change in
    screen contents.

    If this doesn't helps you then goto Display Properties and increase the
    Screen Resolution e.g. if it is 800x600 then 1024x768 or vise versa. This
    happens a lot of time to me when my students close the Menu Bar in previous
    versions.

    Let us know, if the information is useful to you.

  6. #6
    lucas
    Guest

    RE: menu bar

    Hi Guys,

    Now it works (the resolution). Thanks a lot!