adjusting columns in multiple worksheets of workbook with one step

  1. #1

    adjusting columns in multiple worksheets of workbook with one step

    can someone tell me if there is a way to adjust columns of many worksheets in a workbook to fit the numbers contained in the columns, using one step instead of adjusting each worksheet individually. The numbers in each worksheet would have a different amount of figures. I am thinking of something like a global autofit maybe. Is there a way to do this that someone can tell me about. This would save me hundreds of steps.
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Sydney, Australia
    MS-Off Ver
    2013 64bit
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by carole
    can someone tell me if there is a way to adjust columns of many worksheets in a workbook to fit the numbers contained in the columns, using one step
    yep.

    1. Select all the sheets you want to change by using Shift (or Control) and selecting all the sheet tabs.
    2. Then click in the square between the A and the 1 in the top left hand corner of the active sheet. 3
    3. move your mouse between any 2 columns on the active sheet and double click.
    4. Right click on the tabs and select ungroup.

    Matt

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: adjusting columns in multiple worksheets of workbook with one step

    Select first worksheet.

    SHIFT + Click on last worksheet tab.

    This groups the sheets.

    Select some columns or all columns on the active sheet.

    Format>Column>Autofit.

    Will be done to all sheets.

    IMPORTANT.......Do not forget to ungroup the sheets by right-click on a tab and
    "Ungroup" or just click on any tab other than the active sheet tab.

    While in group mode, what you do to one sheet will be done to all.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP