how do you split the scale (x-axis) on a curve graph?

  1. #1
    valeval1000
    Guest

    how do you split the scale (x-axis) on a curve graph?

    In Excel, how do you split the scale on the x-axis to obtain a better
    representation of a curve (scatter with smoothed lines) graph? I have many
    points over a short range, but other points also far from that range.
    If it helps, it is a stress-strain curve, where i try to show the yield
    stress, the proportional limit, the ultimate stress, and modulus of
    elasticity.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: how do you split the scale (x-axis) on a curve graph?

    Now this is one that I have specific experience with as it is directly
    related to my Master's thesis. I was looking at the yield stress of an
    oriented polymer film at a pull angle off of the orientation axis. I
    plotted the angle as the X value and the Yield stress on a logarithmic Y
    axis. It's been a while so I'd have to check back in my thesis.

    If you want to split either axis, take a look at this

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...okenYAxis.html

    Barb

    news:[email protected]...