Gappy data in line charts?

  1. #1
    Maury Markowitz
    Guest

    Gappy data in line charts?

    I have data series that may have gaps in them. For instance, this series is
    typical:

    1 yr 70
    2 yr 87.5
    6 yr
    7 yr
    8 yr
    9 yr
    10 yr 162.5

    For other series the gaps may appear in other places. I would like to chart
    all of these (up to five series) on a single chart.

    I can do this, but the gaps make the line "disappear" where there are gaps.
    For instance, in the case above there is a nice like from 1 to 6, then a
    single dot at 10. Is there some way to tell it to ignore the gap and draw
    straight lines over them?

    Maury

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Gappy data in line charts?

    If you put "=NA()" into the blank cells, the gaps should go away.

    "Maury Markowitz" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Gappy data in line charts?

    Click on your chart then click on the Tools menu, choose Options and
    select Interpolated for the plotting of zero values under the Chart
    section of the Options window.

    Andrea Jones
    www.stratatraining.co.uk

  4. #4
    Maury Markowitz
    Guest

    Re: Gappy data in line charts?

    "Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

    > If you put "=NA()" into the blank cells, the gaps should go away.

    Thanks, works like a champ!

    Maury