e-mailing or exporting charts as a .pdf or .tif format

  1. #1
    Brad
    Guest

    e-mailing or exporting charts as a .pdf or .tif format

    Hi all. I have a question on printing our charts. I can
    print out a chart on a printer and scan the printed chart
    to get a .pdf or a .tif file format. Is there a way to
    export a chart in these formats? Other formats like .bmp
    or .jpeg?

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: e-mailing or exporting charts as a .pdf or .tif format

    You need software that specifically converts to PDF to get into PDF format.
    For a tif file, I'd try copying the picture from Excel (Shift Edit Copy
    Picture) into drawing software (Paint has tif) and saving it from there.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: e-mailing or exporting charts as a .pdf or .tif format

    try these
    Sub ExportChartGIF()
    ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.gif", _
    FilterName:="GIF"
    End Sub

    Sub ExportChartJPG()
    ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.jpg", _
    FilterName:="jpeg"

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: e-mailing or exporting charts as a .pdf or .tif format

    Brad,

    John Walkenbach offers a free add-in at his Spreadsheet Page site that
    allows you to export charts in a GIF, JPG, TIF, or PNG format. Here is the
    URL to the page that discusses the tool:

    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  5. #5
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: e-mailing or exporting charts as a .pdf or .tif format

    I wish I'd known about this months ago. It would have saved me a lot of
    time. Thanks!

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: e-mailing or exporting charts as a .pdf or .tif format

    You can also use TIF and PNG formats. I usually tell people to avoid
    JPGs for their charts.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP