Bar showing value for missing data

  1. #1
    smboyd
    Guest

    Bar showing value for missing data

    I have a bar chart that shows data for 2004. I deleted the data and the
    source data in the chart is showing as =summary!#REF!. Any idea why this bar
    would still be showing a value?

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Bar showing value for missing data

    smboyd,

    One possibility - if you deleted the data by deleting the underlying rows or
    columns that held that data, the chart will show a #ref! error as you have
    noted. To get around this behavior, rather than deleting the rows or columns
    that hold the data, change the chart data reference to an area with blank
    cells.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield