How do I add new data to a pivottable/chart?

  1. #1
    Brian Lee
    Guest

    How do I add new data to a pivottable/chart?

    I have a spreadsheet that I add new data to weekly. Is there a way to have
    the pivottables/charts refresh to include this data without recreating them?
    If I try to do extend the range of cells used to create them originally, I am
    unable to group dates (which I need to do) on the chart because of blank
    cells.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How do I add new data to a pivottable/chart?

    You can use a dynamic range as the pivot table source, and it will
    automatically expand as rows or columns are added. There are
    instructions here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html

    When you refresh the pivot table, all the new data will be included.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List