How do I copy and paste Excel charts and retain formatting? Mine .

  1. #1
    Ivan Lawler
    Guest

    How do I copy and paste Excel charts and retain formatting? Mine .

    I am trying to create multiple graphs/charts in Excel which all have
    consistent formatting, especially size. In the past I always did this by
    simply cutting and pasting the graph and then changing the source data.

    Now, when I copy and paste a chart, it keeps changing size. How can I stop
    Excel doing this.

  2. #2
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy and paste Excel charts and retain formatting? Mine .

    I am only loudly thinking

    click the chart area. click <shift+edit>. you may get submenu <copy picture>
    in copy picture window check <as shown on screen>.Paste it on a word
    document. does it not help. does not m the sixe remain same.

    try experiments both on embedded chart and chartsheet.
    mine excel 2000
    =================

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    c o jones

    "=?Utf-8?B?SXZhbiBMYXdsZXI=?=" <Ivan [email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am trying to create multiple graphs/charts in Excel which all have
    > consistent formatting, especially size. In the past I always did this by
    > simply cutting and pasting the graph and then changing the source data.
    >
    > Now, when I copy and paste a chart, it keeps changing size. How can I stop
    > Excel doing this.

    I've found that if I was zoomed at 100% the chart *would* paste at the
    correct size, if I was at 75% it would change. Try at different zooms
    !

    Also uncheck the Auto Scale Font on Format Chart area ...