Negative numbers on X axis

  1. #1
    Dee
    Guest

    Negative numbers on X axis

    I have a line chart that has 2 Y axis and the X axis has values from 1 to 60.
    Is there a way to place negative numbers on the x axis. For example I need to
    have the x axis start at -5. When I go to format axis and then Scale, it
    won't let me start at -5. I am using Excel 2002.

    Thank you in advance for any help.

    Regards,

    Dee

  2. #2
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Negative numbers on X axis

    Is it possible that the Y axis is in a logarithmic scale?

  3. #3
    Dee
    Guest

    RE: Negative numbers on X axis

    Dear Barb,

    I am not sure what that means. Could you explain?

    Regards,

    Dee

  4. #4
    redbelly
    Guest

    Re: Negative numbers on X axis

    Dee,

    Is the Chart Type set to XY (Scatter)? If you change it to that type,
    you should be able to set the X-axis scale to what you need.

    Also, when you are editing the X-axis scale, make sure the box next to
    "Logarithmic Scale" is NOT checked. Don't worry about what it means,
    you do not want that option.

    Mark

  5. #5
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Negative numbers on X axis

    I apologize. I really misread the question.