How do I change x axis values in a line chart?

  1. #1
    Elizabeth
    Guest

    How do I change x axis values in a line chart?

    I am creating line charts for 12 weeks of data. Each week is represented by
    one data point. My y-axis is rate and my x-axis is weeks. I have data for
    weeks 1-6 on one graph, but need to put data for weeks 7-12 on another graph.
    For weeks 7-12 I would like the x-axis to be labeled 7-12, but right now it
    is labeled 1-6. Is there anyway for me to change those labels? Thanks for
    any help you can give.

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: How do I change x axis values in a line chart?

    Elizabeth,

    Click once on your chart. Go to the standard toolbar and select Chart ->
    Source Data. The Source Data dialog box will appear. Go to the Series Tab.
    At the bottom of the tab is an input box the allows you to change the source
    for the category X-axis data labels. Change your source to where it covers
    the range 7 - 12 on your sheet.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield