Display Cell Data in titles/Text Boxes on Charts

  1. #1
    Neil Perry
    Guest

    Display Cell Data in titles/Text Boxes on Charts

    Hi -

    I would like to link my chart title textbox or another text box to a cell in
    a worksheet - can anyone suggest a way of acheiving this?

    Many thanks
    Neil

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Display Cell Data in titles/Text Boxes on Charts

    Click on the chart to select it
    Type an equal sign -- you'll see it appear in the formula bar
    (you don't need to click in the formula bar before typing)
    Click on the cell that contains the text for the chart, e.g. C6
    Press the Enter key.
    Drag the text box from the centre of the chart to the top
    Use the buttons on the formatting toolbar to format the text

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Neil Perry
    Guest

    Re: Display Cell Data in titles/Text Boxes on Charts

    Thanks Debra - Very useful.