Graph different markers

  1. #1
    aspencer27
    Guest

    Graph different markers

    Using a line graph, I have created a burndown curve and I would like to have
    different color markers represent different types of reports. Is there any
    way to do this without manually changing the color of each data point? I
    would like this graph to update automatically if the type of report ever
    changes.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Graph different markers

    Hi,

    Maybe you could add additional data series to plot the various coloured
    markers. The data for the markers would be related to the curve data via
    some form of conditional formula. The extra data series would be markers
    only.

    If the above is not clear maybe you could post back and explain what the
    'different types of report' means.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Graph different markers

    Andy's hinting at additional series such as I describe in this page:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP