Create Excell Chart.

  1. #1
    BobD
    Guest

    Create Excell Chart.

    Can I create one chart with two different data rows using two different date
    time frames?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Create Excell Chart.

    Bob -

    I assume your problem is that your dates overlap but do not exactly coincide, and
    Excel wants to use the first set of dates for both series. Here's how to work around
    that problem.

    Make your time-scale line chart with the first set of data (dates and values). Copy
    the second set of data (dates and values), select the chart, choose Paste Special
    from the Edit menu, and choose New Series and Categories in first row/column. Select
    the new series, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and select an XY Scatter type
    from the fifth category in the left list (not a Line type from the third category in
    the left list). Double click on the second series, and on the Axis tab, select
    Primary. Now the XY series is plotted with the Line series on the same set of axes.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services