URGENT help!!! chart size! Thank you!

  1. #1
    crossingmind
    Guest

    URGENT help!!! chart size! Thank you!

    I have made lots of charts for the graphic designer. Now she said to me
    my charts are too big when she copies those to illustrator (she has to
    resize every one). So she asked me to resize all the charts to the size
    she wants in excel. Now, my problem is how I can automatically change
    the size of my charts. There are too many and I cannot work on
    individual. The deadline is approaching soon. Please help me figure it
    out! Thank you very much!

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: URGENT help!!! chart size! Thank you!

    Hi,

    If your charts are chart objects on worksheets then you could use the
    following code to size (width/height only) all charts to be the same as
    the active one.

    Sub ResizeAllCharts()
    Dim sngWidth As Single
    Dim sngHeight As Single
    Dim objCht As ChartObject

    sngWidth = ActiveChart.Parent.Width
    sngHeight = ActiveChart.Parent.Height

    For Each objCht In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects
    objCht.Width = sngWidth
    objCht.Height = sngHeight
    Next
    End Sub

    This will not attempt to make plot areas or any other chart element the
    same.

    Another way is the click the selection arrow on the drawing toolbar and
    then group select all the chartobjects. You can then format the objects
    all at only. Again only in terms of width/height of actual chart.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    crossingmind
    Guest

    Re: URGENT help!!! chart size! Thank you!

    Thank you so much Andy. The latter way worked well. The first way I met
    a bug on the line
    sngWidth = ActiveChart.Parent.Width
    Don't know how to debug it. Could you help more? Thanks a lot!

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: URGENT help!!! chart size! Thank you!

    Did you have one of the charts selected?
    The code will apply the width/height of the currently selected to chart
    to all the others on the sheet.

  5. #5
    crossingmind
    Guest

    Re: URGENT help!!! chart size! Thank you!

    Yes, I did select one chart for try, and then the bug window popped
    out. Dunno why. Thanks a lot!

  6. #6
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: URGENT help!!! chart size! Thank you!

    Me neither, I just tried my posted code in another multi chart worksheet
    without incident. ???

  7. #7
    I think you might want to just get a new graphic designer.