Chart sheets cause data sheets to be blank

  1. #1
    Jacinthe
    Guest

    Chart sheets cause data sheets to be blank

    I'm using XL2000. I have a workbook with 11 sheets, 7 charts and 4 data.
    They are intermingled. Whenever I try to print the entire workbook, any data
    sheet after the first chart is blank. They view fine in print preview, but
    are blank when actually printed. Has anyone heard of this problem? I can
    print them one sheet at a time, but I am trying to pass the workbook on to my
    boss and I don't want him to have to hit print 11 times. We would also like
    to print to .pdf and don't want 11 files.

    I need help! LK

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Chart sheets cause data sheets to be blank

    Possibly this can help . . .

    Click once on the first tab of your workbook to activate it. Assuming it is
    called "Sheet1", the background of the Sheet1 tab should be white. Next,
    press the Shift key. Finally, go to the last tab in your workbook click on
    it. Now, all of you sheet tabs should be activated. If you print the
    workbook, all of the tabs should print as one job.

    You can save the workbook with all of the tabs activated too. Then, when
    your boss prints the workbook all of the sheets will print.

    ----
    Regards,
    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    Jacinthe
    Guest

    RE: Chart sheets cause data sheets to be blank

    Well, unfortunately, I've tried that. The data sheets are always blank
    when I print the whole workbook, no matter how I print them (whether I choose
    "Print entire workbook" or use the method you've described.) I'm just trying
    to figure out how to make the data sheets non-blank.

    Here's something that may help to clarify, though ... I discovered yesterday
    that the sheets only print as blank if there is a chart before them in the
    sheet order. If I move all the charts to the end of the workbook, the data
    sheets print fine. Unfortunately, we need them to be intermingled (for when
    we print to .pdf), so I'm still at a loss.

    Thanks for your help! LK