Can I combine a stacked and clustered column chart in Excel

  1. #1
    Tim Donnelly
    Guest

    Can I combine a stacked and clustered column chart in Excel

    I would like to have two columns on the same chart. One will be the amount
    of good parts produced by a machine. The other would be a stacked column of
    scrap parts produced by the machine. The scrap parts are seperated by
    certain defects, but I'd like to see their total compared to the total of
    good parts.

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Can I combine a stacked and clustered column chart in Excel

    a sort of sneaky way to do it is to set all of the data up with a blank cell
    between the machine data indicators.
    make a stacked chart of all of the data including the good parts.
    select the good part section and change the axis to secodary axis.
    then goto <chart><source data><series and change the range for the good
    parts up or down one cell to move it on the chart.
    This will allow you to have different scales for the good and bad parts.
    If you want then to have the same scales another way to do it would be, if
    your data is in columns to alternate the good data in one column and all of
    the other data in the next column. Then just mnaking a stacked column chart
    would do what you want.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Can I combine a stacked and clustered column chart in Excel

    Tim -

    Try any of the links on this page:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

    - Jon