Pivot Table/Chart

  1. #1
    Steve J
    Guest

    Pivot Table/Chart

    Hi is it possible to have 2 separate sets of series in one table/chart.

    i have 4 rows - Weeks 1-4
    I have 8 columns - Qty 1-4 and Cost 1-4

    I would like to display all the data in one table/chart?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table/Chart

    If you create a pivot chart, it should show all the data that's in the
    pivot table. What problem are you having with the chart?

    Steve J wrote:
    > Hi is it possible to have 2 separate sets of series in one table/chart.
    >
    > i have 4 rows - Weeks 1-4
    > I have 8 columns - Qty 1-4 and Cost 1-4
    >
    > I would like to display all the data in one table/chart?
    >
    > Thanks

    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

  3. #3
    Alex H
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table/Chart

    Well If I set up my table to display all the data, ie sinble column showing
    4 rows of quantity and four rows of costs. The figures are correct. But
    then if I select the data, and de-select one of the items, press Ok, then
    the table refreshes Ok. But then if I try to re-select the same item, its
    not in the list, and pressing Select ALl has not effect.

    I dont use pivit tables/charts very often so I may be (probably) doing
    something wrong.

    I have assumed that it is because I have two series of data, since the
    problem does notoccur whren i just have one series

    Thanks for help

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table/Chart

    If you deselect an item in the Data area, it's removed from the pivot
    table, and from the Data dropdown list. To see it in the chart again,
    you can drag it back from the Pivot Table Field List.

  5. #5
    Steve J
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table/Chart

    Thanks Debras

    I was just wondering why it only happens sometimes.

    if I just have the 4 quantity totals, then i can delect and reselect and it
    disappaers and reappears without any issue. if I have both quantity and
    cost data in the table whichever one I de-select it will disappaer and as
    you say, wont come back till you drag it back from field listing