Charts to Image or Picture?

  1. #1
    Bill Elerding
    Guest

    Charts to Image or Picture?

    I'm clearly missing something obvious, but is there a way to do the
    equivalent of copy and save charts as either values or image in the workbook?
    I have a large worksheet that will get distributed enterprise-wide on a
    regular basis, and I want to decrease the file size. The data source for the
    20-25 charts is another worksheet in the file. Any thoughts?
    --
    William Elerding

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Charts to Image or Picture?

    Hi,

    Have a look at Jon Peltier's information on de-linking chart data.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...ChartData.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    Bill Elerding wrote:
    > I'm clearly missing something obvious, but is there a way to do the
    > equivalent of copy and save charts as either values or image in the workbook?
    > I have a large worksheet that will get distributed enterprise-wide on a
    > regular basis, and I want to decrease the file size. The data source for the
    > 20-25 charts is another worksheet in the file. Any thoughts?

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Charts to Image or Picture?

    Try holding the shift key down then <file><copy as picture>
    to further reduce the file size paste the picture back into an excel
    document, right click on the picture, pull up the picture tool bar and push
    the compress picture button (on mine it looks like a small picture with
    arrows pushing in on it.) set your options an recopy the picture.
    There are other ways to compress pictures. this is one I like cause I keep a
    copy of what I sent out with the file.