Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Diable Chart Information Alert

  1. #1
    Greg G
    Guest

    Diable Chart Information Alert

    Hello,
    I would like to know if there is a way to prevent excel from
    displaying the alert that says "The maximum number of data points you can use
    in a data series for a 2-D chart is 32,000. If you want to use more than
    32,000 data points, you must create two or more series." every time that a
    chart is opened. It also displays when the file is closed. I've tried
    closing the file with a macro with display alerts set to false but it still
    appears. You have to click ok before it will continue to close. I would
    really appreciate any information about this. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Diable Chart Information Alert

    Hi,

    I don't know of anyway too suppress the message.

    Any reason why you can not adjust your data series so it only uses the
    maximum number of values or following the advice and use extra data series?

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Greg G
    Guest

    Re: Diable Chart Information Alert

    Hi Andy,
    thanks for responding. I'm using less than the maximum for one
    data series. Actually, only 5760 data points per series. If I use the
    maximum number of data points most of them would be blank. I'll try though
    and see if the message still appears. The reason that I would like to
    suppress this message is that I would like to run a sheduled task to open
    this file update it and close automatically. That message is the only thing
    that prevents it from working. Do you think I should give up on this?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Greg G
    Guest

    Re: Diable Chart Information Alert

    I'm replying again just to be sure. I'm only using 5760 data points per
    series. I would like to make a sheduled task for this file to open update
    and close. This message is the only thing that prevents it from working.
    Should I give up on this?

    Thank you.

  5. #5
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Diable Chart Information Alert

    Hi Greg,

    Lets not give up, just yet

    I'm confused though, if you are only using 5760 points then why the
    message at all. Or do you mean of the +32k rows referenced only 5k
    contain values?

    Cheers
    Andy

  6. #6
    Greg G
    Guest

    Re: Diable Chart Information Alert

    Thanks again for responding. I found a way around it. While I was
    automating this file I always had a chart active during starting up and
    closing. I changed it to open and close on a worksheet and it went without
    stopping. Thanks a lot for your help. I hope it wasn't a waste of time.
    Thanks again.

  7. #7
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Diable Chart Information Alert

    No problem. Glad you sorted your problem and thanks for letting us know.