Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Sum and Count are driving me nuts!!

  1. #1
    Mattrapps
    Guest

    Sum and Count are driving me nuts!!

    I am trying to make some radar charts that have more than 30 criteria. My
    data contains numbers between 0 and 1. Each time that I add each criteria to
    the data field, it automatically comes up as Count...I can switch each one to
    Sum (which is a pain) but then each data point is labeled Sum of something.

    Ideally, I would automatically have Sum results that are labeled with by my
    choosing.

    Example.

    I would like to have a typical data point be labeled Total Portfolio, I am
    stuck as excel automatically gives me Count of Total Portfolio which I then
    have to Switch to Sum of Total Portfolio. Is there away to overcome this
    annoyance??

    Thanks- MR(Novice)

  2. #2
    MB
    Guest

    RE: Sum and Count are driving me nuts!!

    Hello,

    Did you make this on a Pibot Table? If so, try clicking on field settings
    within the pivot table toolbox and changing the name. Then you can choose
    SUM in the summarize by and it will give you a sum with the name you want.
    Options also can go into further detail for you, such as percentages and
    totals, etc. Number is the way you want it to look. Agian all of this is
    for a pivot table report layout. Hope this helps.

    Michael

    "Mattrapps" wrote:

    > I am trying to make some radar charts that have more than 30 criteria. My
    > data contains numbers between 0 and 1. Each time that I add each criteria to
    > the data field, it automatically comes up as Count...I can switch each one to
    > Sum (which is a pain) but then each data point is labeled Sum of something.
    >
    > Ideally, I would automatically have Sum results that are labeled with by my
    > choosing.
    >
    > Example.
    >
    > I would like to have a typical data point be labeled Total Portfolio, I am
    > stuck as excel automatically gives me Count of Total Portfolio which I then
    > have to Switch to Sum of Total Portfolio. Is there away to overcome this
    > annoyance??
    >

    > Thanks- MR(Novice)

Closed Thread