Charts

  1. #1
    News Groups
    Guest

    Charts

    Hi. Running Excel 2003 on XP Pro. All works well. Is there a way to
    display my x-axis labels on top of the chart instead of below the chart? Or
    can I do both?

    TIA

    John

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Charts

    Double-click the x-axis
    On the Patterns tab, under Tick Mark labels, select High
    Click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Charts

    to show an x axis on both top and bottom, if you have two data sets, select
    one of them and set axis as secondary. goto chart options and select axis
    show secondary x axis
    If you have only one data set plot a dummy data point set the secondary axis
    and then select the dummy line and make the line and symbol pattern be none.
    If you are using a legend, select the entry for the dummy legend and use edit
    clear all to hide the legend entry.

  4. #4
    News Groups
    Guest

    Re: Charts

    bj,

    Thanks so much. It worked *perfectly*

    John

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    News Groups
    Guest

    Re: Charts

    Debra,
    Thanks for responding. I tried changing from the default "Next to Axis" to
    "High" but nothing happened. I also tried "None" which made the axis
    disappear (as it should) and "low" which kept the axis at the bottom (also
    makes sense). So, they all seem to work except "High." Oh well. I ended
    up making it work by adding a "secondary axis."

    Thanks.

    John

    news:[email protected]...