Pyramid Chart - Additional Data

  1. #1
    Mark
    Guest

    Pyramid Chart - Additional Data

    Hi

    I've created a pyramid chart and now wish to add two further data series
    that I am attempting to display as lines running vertically to show a
    comparator for each bar on my pyramid. It can be achieved by adding a
    trendline but when adding additonal data changing to a line chart, the lines
    are displayed horizontally on a secondary axis.

    Does anyone know of a way of resolving this?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Pyramid Chart - Additional Data

    Hi Mark,

    Does this help?
    http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng3.htm

    If not can you explain how you created the pyramid chart.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Pyramid Chart - Additional Data

    Mark -

    A pyramid chart is a horizontal bar chart. A line chart series can be used with a
    column chart, because they both plot values vertically and categories horizontally.

    You can use an XY chart series, using the bar chart value axis (horizontal) for the
    XY series X value axis, and the bar chart category axis (vertical) for the Y values.
    The technique is described here:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html

    This page shows several XY series on a horizontal bar chart:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html

    and in this article I show how to use an XY series to place markers onto a Gantt
    chart, which is another horizontal bar chart:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP