to stop zero from showing on graph

  1. #1
    natash@
    Guest

    to stop zero from showing on graph

    I have graphs for which values will be filled in time, but befor it's filled
    I want zeroes not to be visible. Is it posible?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: to stop zero from showing on graph

    Hi,

    Either leave the cells empty or use =NA()

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Brrnese
    Guest

    Re: to stop zero from showing on graph

    I didn't write the original post but am having the same problem. This works
    if I remove all content from the cell - however - I would like to have a
    formula in the cell so that it automatically populates with data from another
    cell in the worksheet - when that cell has data entered - so is there a
    formula that will enable me to capture the data from another cell after it is
    entered but still make the cell appear to be empty until then? Otherwise it
    puts all zeroes in the graph until data is entered.

    Thanks for your help.

    Kathie Meier

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: to stop zero from showing on graph

    Hi,

    You need to include a IF condition in you formula.

    =IF(X1<>"",X1,NA())

    So if the other cell, in this case X1, has a value use it otherwise use
    the NA()

    Cheers
    Andy

  5. #5