Mixing chart types

  1. #1
    E Halliday
    Guest

    Mixing chart types

    I have a chart made up of bar and lines at the moment. But on one of the
    bars we would like to show another figure - as in a stacked - is there anyway
    I can change just one of the bars into a stacked chart?

    Many thanks in advance

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Mixing chart types

    You cant have bar, stacked bar and line in one chart, but you could plot two
    charts, one on top of the other

  3. #3
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: Mixing chart types

    E,

    As an example using the range A1:D5, this data set-up will give you a
    combination clustered column - stacked column - line chart:

    Series 1 Series 2 Series 3
    2003 5 3 3
    4 4
    2004 6 4
    3 2

    Use the Chart Wizard an choose the stacked column option to build the
    initial chart. Then convert the third series to a line.

    Another illustration can be found here:

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce...d_column_line/

    For a variery of combination charting techniques:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...mboCharts.html

    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com