X Axis on wrong side

  1. #1
    ArthurJ
    Guest

    X Axis on wrong side

    I have a simple line chart. The data are all negative numbers. The X-axis
    category labels (the months of the year - Jan, Feb, etc.) appear along the
    TOP of the chart rather than the bottom. How can I move the labels to the
    traditional bottom of the chart.

    Art

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: X Axis on wrong side

    double click on the axis, select patterns and set tick mark labels to low

  3. #3
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: X Axis on wrong side

    Art,

    You can also try double-clicking on the Y axis labels. In the Format Axis
    dialog box, go to the Scale tab. In the input that says "Category (X) Axis
    Crosses At" enter the minimum value from your Y Axis. At this point your X
    axis labels and tick marks will move to the bottom of the chart.

    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com