of Named Ranges, Dynamic Charts and scroll bars...

  1. #1
    z.entropic
    Guest

    of Named Ranges, Dynamic Charts and scroll bars...

    I can create a dynamic range chart and a scrolling chart using a scroll bar.
    However, I'm stuck on the the definition of the maximum range in the scroll
    bar control box, which accepts numbers only, not COUNTA...

    In learing how to do those, I relied on a few great pages by our resident
    MVPs:

    http://www.andypope.info/charts.htm
    http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/ExcelChartTools.htm
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/lookups.htm

    but I was not able to blend the two tricks together..

    Any tips and leads would be appreciated.

    z.entropic

  2. #2
    John Mansfield
    Guest

    RE: of Named Ranges, Dynamic Charts and scroll bars...

    z.entropic,

    Assuming your scrollbar is named "Scrollbar1", you might try to apply code
    similar to that below:

    Private Sub ScrollBar1_Change()
    Dim Rng As Range
    cnt = 0
    For Each Rng In Range("A1:A" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
    cnt = cnt + 1
    Next Rng
    With ScrollBar1
    .Max = cnt
    .Min = 1
    End With
    End Sub

    An explanation can be found here:

    http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._a_scroll_bar/

    John Mansfield
    http://www.pdbook.com

  3. #3
    z.entropic
    Guest

    RE: of Named Ranges, Dynamic Charts and scroll bars...

    whoo-hoo! a direct hit--thanks!

    z.entropic