Chart with extra line

  1. #1

    Chart with extra line

    I have fifteen numbers that I have added, averaged, found the median and
    standard deviations for. I have charted these fifteen numbers as columns.
    How do I display a line through the chart that can curve through the columns,
    that is, one chart over the other?

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Chart with extra line

    add a data set with the numbers you want to plot to the chart.
    select the new data set
    change the axis to secondary and then
    <chart><chart type> Select the line chart and hit enter
    play with the formating and scale on the right side of the chart to make the
    lines doo and look like you want.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Chart with extra line

    If the line represents calculations based on the columns, the OP may not
    need to use the secondary axis.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  4. #4
    bj
    Guest

    Re: Chart with extra line

    Again I agree, but I couldn't tell what the relative values were so wanted
    to be most "Generic".

  5. #5
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Chart with extra line

    Maybe I replied to this one first, and got on a roll.

    Let's change one line of your explanation so the reader knows s/he has a
    choice:

    >>>change the axis to secondary *if necessary* and then

    Now we can all be happy!

    - Jon