Colour part of a line on an X Y graph

  1. #1
    ExcelMonkey
    Guest

    Colour part of a line on an X Y graph

    I have an XY graph which connects the series with a line. Lets say the
    series runs left to right on the chart creating a straight horizontal line.
    Is it possible to have multiple colours on that line? That is, I want to
    colour certain portion of the line a certain colour and other portion another
    colour. Is this possible

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Colour part of a line on an X Y graph

    Hi,

    You can format the line between points by selecting the series and then
    selecting the specific line segment. Use CTRL+1 to bring up the format
    dialog. Note that formatting the line segment will affect the legend so
    you might be better off plotting additional data series with gaps in the
    data.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --