Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Office Web Components; combined chart Doughnut/Scatterline doesn't work

  1. #1
    hstaaks
    Guest

    Office Web Components; combined chart Doughnut/Scatterline doesn't work

    I'm trying to build this speedometer by using Web Components (so not
    withing Excel, but within our development tool by using COM):
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html

    Everything goes okay until I have to add the serie that represent the
    needles. The problem is the WHOLE chart (so not only the needle serie,
    but also the doughnut serie) is changing to the ScatterLine type when
    changing the needle serie to ScatterLine. Is this the combination
    Doughnut/Scatterline??? Because when trying this with the combination
    ColumnClustered/Line this is working okay!! Also
    ColumnClusterd/Scatterline is not working.

    I tried the speedometer example in Excel and that worked fine, so there
    must be some difference in Excel and Office Web Components?!

    Has anyone experienced the same? Could anyone help? We need this
    speedometer so much...

    --
    hstaaks

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Office Web Components; combined chart Doughnut/Scatterline doesn'twork

    I work almost entirely in Excel, and I only used the OWC charting
    component for fifteen minutes, about three years ago. Obviously, Excel
    is easier to use, because you can see what's going on. But it's less
    flexible, since you're stuck within the whole Excel infrastructure.

    I know there are differences between OWC and Excel. There must also be
    some similarities. Here's an idea: what if you switch the scatter series
    to the secondary axes before changing its chart type to scatter? Excel
    automatically switches axes in a combo chart if the chart types are
    sufficiently different, but maybe the OWC isn't clever enough to create
    that combo unless you switch the axes for it.

    Probably it won't work, but it's worth trying.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    hstaaks wrote:

    > I'm trying to build this speedometer by using Web Components (so not
    > withing Excel, but within our development tool by using COM):
    > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html
    >
    > Everything goes okay until I have to add the serie that represent the
    > needles. The problem is the WHOLE chart (so not only the needle serie,
    > but also the doughnut serie) is changing to the ScatterLine type when
    > changing the needle serie to ScatterLine. Is this the combination
    > Doughnut/Scatterline??? Because when trying this with the combination
    > ColumnClustered/Line this is working okay!! Also
    > ColumnClusterd/Scatterline is not working.
    >
    > I tried the speedometer example in Excel and that worked fine, so there
    > must be some difference in Excel and Office Web Components?!
    >
    > Has anyone experienced the same? Could anyone help? We need this
    > speedometer so much...

Closed Thread