Can I plot XYZ points in excel?

  1. #1
    dgs348
    Guest

    Can I plot XYZ points in excel?

    I would like to plot 3D (X,Y,Z) points in excel, similar to and XY Scatter
    but with a third axis. The surface graph type does not do what I want because
    it can't plot scaled numerical values on 2 of 3 axis. Does anyone know how I
    can do this?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Can I plot XYZ points in excel?

    Hi,

    This chart type is not available built-in.
    I have some information on mimicking a 3d plot using xy-scatter and formula.
    http://www.andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm

    It currently plot points but can be adapted to plot a mesh.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel