Trendline to ignore empty cells

  1. #1
    Kara
    Guest

    Trendline to ignore empty cells

    I am working on an Excel spreadsheet that contains 5 sheets of graphs and 5
    or 6 sheets of data. I am trying to not show the trendline when a cell is
    empty. I have found a couple of threads about this but do not quite
    understand them and would appreciate your help!

    Most of them refer to the NA() function but I am not sure where to enter
    that and have it reflect in my chart.

    I have an average price sheet that contains my total sales for each week and
    some of those cells are empty. What would I enter into those empty cells so
    they will not show on the trendline in my chart?

    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Trendline to ignore empty cells

    IN the sales column cells, in place of blanks cells type =NA()
    This is display as #N/A
    The chart will extrapolate the values for 'empty' data
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Kara
    Guest

    Re: Trendline to ignore empty cells

    This still shows the trendline although the trendline is not at zero. Is
    their a way for the trendline to not show at all in that area of the chart?

    Thanks for your help!