varying y-axis

  1. #1
    etraleigh
    Guest

    varying y-axis

    i have 2 data sets with large discrepencies in values. i want to make a
    bar graph with the smaller set directly on top of the larger set, but if
    i do this, you can barely see the smaller set. i know that a log scale
    would work for this, but that's not what i need. is there a way to
    split the y-axis on a bar chart like there is for a scatter plot. that
    way the first bar could go up to, say 100, increments of 10, then there
    be a break in the y-axis and skip to 100,000. i would also need the
    increments to then increase after the split, say to 10,000. this seems
    relatively simple, but i can't seem to figure it out. thanks a lot.

    --
    etraleigh

  2. #2
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: varying y-axis

    I'm guessing you are looking for something like this

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...kedCharts.html