[SOLVED] Trendline excluding last 2 data points of series

  1. #1
    Mary Ann
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Trendline excluding last 2 data points of series

    Me again with more charting questions!

    I have a column chart showing 6 months actual sales for a product followed
    by the next two months forecast figures.

    I want to show a trendline based only on the 6 months actual sales i.e. the
    trend should not take into account our forecast. The trendline I normally
    use is a linear trend.

    Is there a way to do this?

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Trendline excluding last 2 data points of series

    Two ways to do it fairly easily
    have a data set without your forecast. Plot it , set line and symbol to
    none select the legend line it is on and clear all. set the trendline on
    this set.

    calculate the best fit equation for the data you wish to use and plot this
    line as a separate series.

  3. #3
    Mary Ann
    Guest

    RE: Trendline excluding last 2 data points of series

    Thank you bj. I’ve used the first simpler option and it’s easy just as you
    say.