Specifying Legend Entries

  1. #1
    Joey Chart User
    Guest

    Specifying Legend Entries

    Does anyone know of a way to either specify a range for the lengend
    entries or make a custom legend without usig a text box. When using a
    text box, it is not WYSIWYG and is a problem to size properly for
    printing. Because of the way the data varies, creating a separate
    series for each group of data representing legend entries isn't
    practical. Thanks

    --
    Joey Chart UserPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Specifying Legend Entries

    The legend is based on the different series in the chart: by default
    each series has an entry in the legend. You can't add entries to the
    legend which are not separate series (though you can delete an entry and
    keep the series in the chart).

    I've seen few cases in which separate series couldn't be defined from a
    single range of data. One way is described in this page:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP